EMBRACE YOUR FIGURE! FOR THE CURVY SISTA



I'm not such a great story teller but i cannot explain to you the inspiration behind this article without telling you this short story; so here we go. 
See I used to be bigger than my size now and one of my biggest worry was always choosing an outfit. If it was for a special occasion then even more trouble. Buy The problem wasn't picking an outfit really, it was picking an outfit that i wanted to wear. Half the time the outfit I would choose or put together wasn't initially what i would've worn. And i blamed it on one thing; My size. It seemed the outifts looked better on their own than on me. To me the extra on my side's and thighs were the reason a particular shorts didn't look sexier on me, or the extra on my tummy, the reason  why i couldnt wear a certain blouse. 
Then there was a close friends party. I picked out and matched pieces for hours but i always found something wrong with my picks. It wasn't perfect, not even close to perfecf in my eyes. I wondered to myself sadly as usual "seems the outfits look better on their own than they do on me". But by now i was late and tired of trying out clothes, i picked out a few items i usually dont wear, amongst them a new skirt. The skirt was lovely but not really "my style". I paired it with a sexy blouse and a simple set of accessories and said  to myself this is just ok for tonight. However my friend's thought i looked great and a bit different! A number of people complemented my look and i immediately fell in love with it too. As if my eyes had been opened to a new style  sense.
Later that night i was so glad people noticed and loved my look so i began to think back to times when i settled for a diffeent look; Now that i was thinkng about it, I realised I had gotten good feedback from looks that were not so "Yes" for me.
Anyway what i am trying to say is this, that night i realised my body was not to blame for my fashion fails it was my choice of clothing. I always chose what looked good to me. Not what would fit my body best, and  as a result it would end up looking wrong some places and i would eventually dislike it and blame it all on my body.

So back to it, sometimes we make the mistake of overlooking certain strong and sexy features of our body because we get too busy trying to make whats not there work, then most often go with the usual. Commonly because we do not recognize and embrace our true figures. The key is in knowing what flatters your figure and your best features which you like to show off.  On the plus side trendy and chic styles just revently became part of the sorting category and not a fair share pf complementing items have been produced since time. But once you know what flatters your silhouette, feel confident and embrace it by incorporating your personal style into your fashion details.

For instance, if you're curvy but petite, it's best to avoid tall columns and long over sized maxis even if you love them- it makes you look shorter. Go for a dress with a well defined waist and or a circle skirt with a cute sleeve blouse and for pants a high waist jeans pants or skirt will absolutely flatter your figure and project your height. And remember, if you're gonna wear heels wear ones that support your weight. Ok now a few of my favourite plus size style picks.
             













                      : girlwithcurves.com :pinterest.com

Comments

Popular Posts